Thursday, February 02, 2006

A Recipe Share

This sharing the responsibility for common meals thing at the Abbey has really been a challenge for me. I've quite a knack for discovering fun facts about saints and finding interesting dishes to go with them. But the actual performance of these meals has been kind of nerve-racking. I usually bite off more than I normally chew. Jolie has come to my aid at times; but her pregnant disposition has decided that I'm on my own now! Anyway, here's the first original recipe that I've ever created:

begin with this basic St. Brigid's Oaten Bread recipe
double the amount of sugar (to 2 tablespoons)
be prepared to add a LOT more flour than the recipe calls for (maybe because I used margarine?)
When bread is baked, cut into pie-shaped slices
Pour 4 tablespoons of mixed fruit (I used strawberries, blueberries and blackberries) over the top
Add one dallup of whip cream
Sprinkle a tablespoon of Irish Cream over the top

And presto!
St. Brigid's Oaten Tart Delight
tm Oak Grove Abbey 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home